Donor Name: The U. S. Department of State’s National Institute of Health (NIH)
Fund name: The U. S. Department of State’s National Institute of Health (NIH) Fund
Funding Opportunity Number: PA-16-425
Funding brief: The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to continue advancing our understanding of the risks, development, progression, diagnosis, and treatment of malignancies observed in individuals with an underlying human immunodeficiency (HIV) infection or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS), particularly the non-AIDS defining malignancies which are now a leading cause of death in HIV-infected individuals. This FOA encourages high or medium priority AIDS research in areas such as the study of the etiologic factors, cofactors, immunopathogenesis, diagnosis, and consequences of both non-AIDS defining and AIDS-defining malignancies in populations with an underlying HIV infection.
This FOA encourages high or medium priority AIDS research in areas such as the study of the etiologic factors, cofactors, immunopathogenesis, diagnosis, and consequences of both non-AIDS defining and AIDS-defining malignancies in populations with an underlying HIV infection.
This FOA encourages research efforts that will (i) identify specific contributions resulting from HIV infection and its potential interaction with other pathogens for the development and pathogenesis of these cancers and (ii) provide information on the clinical outcomes of such cancers in the HIV-infected population. Ultimately, such efforts could inform screening approaches and therapies targeted to the HIV-infected population.
Areas of study:Specific areas of study in the indicated categories may include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
● Biomarkers, Diagnostics, and Therapeutics
● Etiology, Pathogenesis and Immunology
● Molecular Epidemiology and Prevention
Deadline: Sep, 07th, 2019
Funding details link: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=288590
Budget limit: The combined budget for direct costs for the two-year project period may not exceed $275,000. No more than $200,000 may be requested in any single year.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: 2 years
● Higher Education Institutions
● Public/State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
● Private Institutions of Higher Education
The following types of Higher Education Institutions are always encouraged to apply for NIH support as Public or Private Institutions of Higher Education:
● Hispanic-serving Institutions
● Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
● Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs)
● Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions
● Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs)
Nonprofits Other Than Institutions of Higher Education:
● Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
● Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) IRS Status (Other than Institutions of Higher Education)
● Small Businesses”
● For-Profit Organizations (Other than Small Businesses)
● State Governments
● County Governments
● City or Township Governments
● Special District Governments
● Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Federally Recognized)
● Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized)
● Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government
● U.S. Territory or Possession
● Independent School Districts
● Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
● Native American Tribal Organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
● Faith-based or Community-based Organizations
● Regional Organizations
● Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions)
● Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
● Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply.
● Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
Eligibility: As above
Submission mail: Not Found
Other important link:
● Additional Information: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PA-16-425.html
● Apply: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/ApplyButtonSplash.cfm
How to apply: Applications may submit online through given website (https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/ApplyButtonSplash.cfm).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh