Donor Name: Niwano Peace Foundation
Fund name: Grant Program (1st term), 2017
Funding brief: The Niwano Peace Foundation promotes inter religious understanding and cooperation. It also strives to strengthen cooperation among people actively making continuing efforts, in a religious spirit, to achieve a peaceful society.
The Foundation does not support any specific religious group. Respecting the uniqueness of each religion and embracing the spirit of tolerance, it aims to build a world of peace and coexistence. The Foundation makes grants in order to provide active encouragement for activities undertaken in a religious spirit and conducted in such a way as to invite broad social participation.
Grant will be provided for activities as described in items A or B below;
A. Social activities based on a religious spirit: Activities for individual and community welfare and peace, both physical and spiritual,
based on a religious spirit that emerges from reverence for God, Buddha, or other universal spiritual reality.
In particular, peace‐making activities related to education, volunteer work, development cooperation, environmental protection, human rights or social problems of an aging society done in a spirit of religious tolerance which transcends religious boundaries.
B. Grassroots activities deployed in a local community: Activities to vitalize local
communities through interdisciplinary workshops and meetings with particular emphasis on collaboration by groups and individuals from diverse organizations and religious groups.
It is expected that local communities will come up with some new values with an independent mind. Examples would be workshops and outreach programs to inspire people to think about how people living in faraway countries are related to their own lives, or
to encourage development of local activities in which people “think globally, and act locally.”
● Practical activities, short‐term or long‐term, directly related to peace building.
● Activities which stimulate activities not only in one’s own field but as well in other
fields and can be creative and pioneering models for realization of peace.
Deadline: April 30 (no later than), 2017
Funding details link: http://www.npf.or.jp/english/grant/guidelines_application_forms/
● The amount which one applicant can apply will be up to 1,000,000 Japanese yen.
● After screening and determination by Screening Committee, actual amount to be provided can be sometime reduced than original amount in applying.
Project start date: First term: August, 1st , Second term: November 1st
● Providing grant is for one year in applicant’s activity.
● Extensional or renewal support may not be operated.
● However, one can apply the same activity for next fiscal year if submit application anew
● An application may be made by either an individual or an organization.
● Nationality is not a criterion for eligibility.
● Any group which has been in continuous existence for a reasonable length of time is
eligible to apply, whether or not it is legally incorporated.
● Applicant is required to submit application papers prescribed by NPF. Applying will be acceptable twice in a year, ‘first term’ and ‘second term’, respectively.
Eligibility: As above
Submission mail: email@example.com
Other important link:
● General Guidelines: http://www.npf.or.jp/english/pdf/2017_1st_grant_generalguideline_e2.pdf
● Application Guidelines: http://www.npf.or.jp/english/pdf/2017_1st_grant_ApplicationGuideline_e2.pdf|
● Guidelines for Counterparts: http://www.npf.or.jp/english/pdf/2017_1st_grant_GuidelineforCounterpart_e.pdf
● Financial Report: http://www.npf.or.jp/english/pdf/2017_1st_grant_FinancialReport_e2.xls
How to apply:
● Please use prescribed application sheet only.
● Application below kinds will be rejected as it is out of our prescribed form
● Application sheet which originally structured and formed by applicant.
● Inserting unrequired item to, remove items from, or change items from original form.
● Expand frame for item and get increased number of paper than original form. \
● Application which is not printed in ‘A4’ size. So call ‘Letter size’ or other size will be rejected.
● They would appreciate it if you could send us files in Microsoft Word format (not PDF).
Please submit your application by ‘E‐mail’ or ‘Postal mail’ at the following address; (To) Niwano Peace Foundation (NPF) Grant Unit Shamvilla Catherina 5F 1‐16‐9 Shinjuku, Shinjuku‐ku, Tokyo 160‐0022 JAPAN E‐mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (not: email@example.com)
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh