Donor Name: The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
Fund name: Research Grants
Funding brief: Funding opportunities are made available through the Collaborative Research Programme (CRP) – ICGEB Research Grants, which is a dedicated source of funding aimed at financing projects addressing original scientific problems of particular relevance for the host country and of regional interest.
Established in 1988, the programme aims to stimulate collaborative research in Member States and with the ICGEB Component laboratories, to promote training of young scientists and to facilitate the creation of appropriate research facilities.
The programme provides support for research projects in basic science, human healthcare, industrial and agricultural biotechnology and bioenergy.
Deadline: 30 April 2017
Funding details link: http://www.icgeb.org/research-grants.html
Budget limit: The maximum annual contribution from ICGEB is Euro 25,000.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: 36 months
Eligible organization: As below
● Applicants for research grant proposals (identified as “CRPs”) should hold positions at Universities or Research Institutes in any of the ICGEB Member States.
● Active collaboration with ICGEB Research Groups is welcome but is not mandatory. Particular attention will be given to projects addressing issues of interest for specific geographic regions and presented by groups collaborating across more than one country.
● Proposals submitted to ICGEB should meet the following criteria:
● address specific questions within Life Sciences
● be concise
● present a clear hypothesis
● be realistic
● proposing goals that can be achieved within the proposed time/propose original, novel studies
● Applications addressing original scientific problems of particular relevance for the host country or focusing on one or more research areas of particular interest/relevance for their country are positively considered during the evaluation process. Particular value is also given to the promotion of training of young scientists (at any level)
● Particular attention will be given to projects addressing issues of interest for specific geographic regions and presented by groups collaborating across more than one country.
● Support is available for research projects in many fields of basic life sciences, human and animal health care, industrial biotechnology, agricultural biotechnology, bioenergy.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Guideline: http://www.icgeb.org/tl_files/Grants/CRP%20Guidelines_2017.pdf
● Form: http://www.icgeb.org/tl_files/Grants/CRP%20Appl_2017.doc
● FAQ: http://www.icgeb.org/faq-for-icgeb-grants.html
How to apply: In adherence with the ICGEB mandate to equally support its Member States, each ICGEB Member State can endorse up to 3 standard Research Grant applications, plus up to 2 Early Career Return Grants for each call. Therefore, PIs should submit their complete applications in electronic format (pdf) to his/her Country representative (Liaison Officer – see form A), who is in charge of endorsing the application at the national level. A copy of the application should also be sent directly to the ICGEB (email@example.com ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh