Donor Name: Green Cross International
Fund name: Green star awards 2017
Funding brief: The purpose of the Green Star Awards (GSA) is to recognize outstanding individuals or organisations that have made remarkable efforts to prevent, prepare for, and respond to environmental emergencies – as well as to integrate environment with humanitarian action across the world. It is a joint initiative between Green Cross International (GCI), the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and the UN Environment Programme (UNEP). The GSAs are intended to underline the nexus between the environmental impacts of natural disasters, technological accidents and complex emergencies, and their consequences for affected populations and providers of humanitarian assistance.
Environmental emergencies result from natural (e.g. earthquakes, hurricane, tsunami) or technological disasters (industrial accidents), conflicts, and other emergencies, where there is both severe environmental damage as well as harm to human health and/or livelihoods.
The selection of nominees and awardees is based generally on a demonstration, and history, of one or more of the following criteria corresponding to the three GSA categories.
Prevention and Preparedness:
● Played a critical role in preventing or preparing for future environmental emergencies through effective advocacy efforts;
● Demonstrated strong support to developing national and regional capacities to prevent and prepare for environmental emergencies;
● Manifested outstanding achievement in capacity-building missions for prevention and preparedness;
● Demonstrated effective development of education and training courses on environmental emergencies.
● Demonstrated exemplary leadership and/or substantial support in response to one or more environmental emergencies;
● Demonstrated outstanding results in coordinating response to one or more environmental emergencies;
● Proven record in building regional, national or community response capacities.
Environment and Humanitarian Actions:
● Proven record in integrating environmental issues into decision-making and into the relevant stages/cycles of humanitarian response;
● Demonstrated marked improvement in consideration of environmental issues in humanitarian action based on lessons learned and best practices;
● Demonstrated effective leadership in awareness-raising on environmental issues in humanitarian action;
● Demonstrated creative solutions or innovations in the area of environment in humanitarian actions.
Deadline: 30 April 2017
Funding details link: http://www.gcint.org/green-star-awards/green-star-awards-nomination-2017/
Budget limit: N/A
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: Governments, organizations, companies and individuals may nominate themselves.
Eligibility: As above
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
● Nomination form: http://www.gcint.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Nomination-form_GSA-2017_english.pdf
How to apply: Nominations for the Green Star Awards are accepted by the following:
– by filling out this form (http://www.gcint.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Nomination-form_GSA-2017_english.pdf );
– by email to email@example.com ;
– or by mail to: Green Star Awards, Joint UNEP/OCHA Environment Unit, United Nations, Palais des Nations- bureau S-225, CH-1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh