Donor Name: The Medical Research Council (MRC) and the Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD)
Fund name: The Medical Research Council (MRC) and the Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD) Fund
Funding brief: The Medical Research Council, in partnership with the Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD) is seeking to generate new knowledge on interventions and their implementation for the prevention and management of mental disorders in low- and middle-income countries.
The call will focus on implementation research proposals on child, adolescent and adult age onset mental disorders including, but not limited to, dementia, depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorders, alcohol- and drug-use disorders, etc., in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC).
Proposals must address one of, or a combination of the following items:
● Structural interventions or evidence based policies designed to equitably improve mental health outcomes;
● Early case detection and other secondary or tertiary prevention strategies as well as modalities of treatment, care and access to care which are amenable to scale-up. Prevention, early identification and treatment may include validated pharmacological, psychotherapeutic, psychosocial support and other approaches of relevance to mental disorders such as accessibility to and enhancing compliance with the intervention, also considering cultural context. Wherever relevant, comorbidities and their impacts on prevention and treatment strategies should be taken into account;
● Strategies and approaches to empower and engage patients, formal and informal care-givers in patient treatment and care ;
● Exploring the scale-up of family/community engagement in patient treatment and care.
Deadline: 11 Apr 2017 16:00 GMT+1
Budget limit: The MRC will invest up to £2m for this initiative. This amount is expected to fund several awards.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Multidisciplinary team members have established a high quality track record in related fields of proposed research and pertinent to implementation science and they have the right balance of expertise given goal(s) of the research project;
● Evidence that the research is jointly managed by researchers from high-income countries and LMICs where applicable.
● Early career investigators are part of the team and strong training plan for research capacity-building is included;
● Evidence that stakeholders such as decision-makers and service delivery partners have been actively involved in the research process including the selection and adaptation of the intervention if applicable and the research design;
● Demonstrable engagement with the public and/or patient and community groups or other relevant stakeholder groups.
Submission mail: Not Found
Other important link:
● Low- and middle-income countries (LMIC)as defined by The World Bank: https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519
● MRC Guidance for applicants: https://www.mrc.ac.uk/funding/guidance-for-applicants/
How to apply: Interested Applicants may apply online via given website (http://www.gacd.org/funding/calls-for-proposals/mental-health)
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh