Donor Name: International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Centre de recherché pour e deveppement International
Fund name: Livestock Vaccine Innovation Fund
Funding brief: This call aims to support novel ideas or pre-existing innovations to respond to the challenges of existing livestock vaccines in sub-Saharan Africa and South and Southeast Asia.
The call seeks proposals that are adopting innovative approaches to increasing the duration of immunity by better induction and maintenance of immunological memory; reducing the number of primary vaccinations and/or revaccinations; improving overall vaccine safety; and developing universal vaccines with the capacity to provide protection against multiple strains, subtypes, or serotypes.
Deadline: March 21, 2017 at 12:00pm EDT (Ottawa)
Funding details link: https://www.idrc.ca/en/funding/grants/innovations-improve-livestock-vaccines
Budget limit: Up to six research projects of a maximum of CA$1 million each
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: 30 months
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: This call is open to applicants from research-focused organizations from the private sector, academia, and research institutes around the world. The proposed research focuses on vaccine improvement for one or more of the eligible livestock diseases.
● The proposed research must focus on vaccine improvement for one or more of the eligible livestock diseases of the LVIF.
● Applicants from academia, private and public sector organizations with a strong research focus are eligible for this global call.
● Applicants from the United Nations system cannot apply to this Call as lead or co-applicants. UN organizations may participate as collaborating organizations.
● Applicants from CGIAR Centres are not eligible as lead applicant but are eligible as co-applicants or collaborating organizations.
● The lead applicant and co-applicants may negotiate and develop funding arrangements directly with third-party organizations for specific services. IDRC will not contract directly with third-party organizations. Applications that involve third-party organizations must clearly justify their involvement and explain their role(s). The total third-party participation in a project is set at a maximum of 30% of the budget.
● A person cannot be the lead applicant for more than one project. At most, person can apply as the lead applicant for one project and be a co-applicant for two additional projects.
Eligible list of diseases for the Livestock Vaccine Innovation Fund
● Avian influenza
● Bovine anaplasmosis
● Bovine babesiosis
● Bovine tuberculosis
● Classical swine fever
● Contagious Bovine Pleuropneumonia
● Contagious Caprine Pleuropneumonia
● East Coast fever
● Foot and Mouth disease
● Haemorrhagic septicemia
● Lumpy Skin disease
● Newcastle disease
● Peste des Petits Ruminants-PPR
● Porcine cysticercosis
● Rift Valley fever
● Sheep and Goat pox
Submission mail: Not Found
Other important link:
● Apply online: https://lvif-fivb.fluidreview.com/
● Guideline: https://www.idrc.ca/sites/default/files/sp/Documents%20EN/lvif_call_2_-_innovations_to_improve_livestock_vaccines.pdf
● FAQ: https://www.idrc.ca/sites/default/files/sp/Documents%20EN/call_2_-_faq_eng.pdf
● Guidelines for acceptable project expenditures: https://www.idrc.ca/sites/default/files/sp/Documents%20EN/resources/idrc-guidelines-for-acceptable-project-expenditures.pdf
Some useful links addressing Canadian and International Environmental Safety Standards are provided below.
● World Organisation for animal health (OIE):http://www.oie.int/en/international-standard-setting/terrestrial-manual/access-online/
● CEAA, 2012:https://www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=A4C57835-1
● World Health Organization (WHO): http://www.who.int/biologicals/vaccines/good_manufacturing_practice/en/
● OECD: http://www.oecd.org/chemicalsafety/testing/goodlaboratorypracticeglp.htm
● European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/health/documents/eudralex/vol-4/index_en.htm
How to apply: Interested Applicants may apply online via given website (https://lvif-fivb.fluidreview.com/ )
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh