Donor Name: ViiV Healthcare group of companies
Fund name: Combating Stigma & Discrimination In Healthcare Settings Fund
Funding brief: Positive Action Challenges and the International AIDS Society are seeking to combat stigma and discrimination faced by key populations in healthcare settings by scaling up and fostering best practices by which every person will be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their profession, behavior, gender or sexual identity.
This challenge aims to a) scale up proven action that is replicable and sustainable or b) encourage new ‘proof of concept’ innovations that will lead to impactful change.
Find a solution (proven or innovative) that reduces stigma and discrimination in healthcare settings faced by key populations (in general or by category – sex workers, MSM, transgender people, people who inject drugs) leading to increased up-take of primary prevention options and Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) and/or reduction in Loss to Follow Up (LTFU) through retention in care.
Success measures for increased up-take of primary prevention and VCT may include:
● Integration of services: Integration of VCT services into other essential healthcare services, including sexual and reproductive health; STI prevention and management;
● Community links: Each clinic linked with a key population community organization to reach beyond the clinic;
● Breadth and scope of services: Additional key population clients access a range of services (by type).
Success measures for key population client retention and reduced LTFU may include:
● Retention time: LTFU measured every 6 months from last contact; No percentage increase in LTFU over 24-month period.
● Adherence for life: Increase in adherence to treatment through viral load suppression.
Judging criteria: In evaluating entries and determining winners of the challenge prizes, the Judges will apply the following core criteria. In addition to these criteria, entries must specifically show that they reduce stigma and discrimination faced by key populations in healthcare settings. Please see the details tab for information on this challenge.
● People Centred: Entries may focus on a process, technology or other method but the ultimate benefit must be measurable in terms of impact on people’s lives. Must ensure privacy, demonstrate an ability to not perpetuate stigma and discrimination associated with HIV and enhance active community participation in solution development.
● Replicable: Entries can be replicated and adapted by others at low cost to ensure broader implementation and uptake as quickly as possible in similar settings.
● Scalable: Entries must demonstrate how they can be scaled beyond pilot programmes to large scale responses that can be implemented at greater/national scale.
● Affordable: Entries must demonstrate affordability (low-cost or no-cost to the end users) within resource limited settings or other similar settings as detailed in the individual challenges.
● Sustainable: Entries must demonstrate how they are implementable in the longer term (beyond the lifecycle of prize funding) using the resources that already exist or which can be incremental to existing service delivery.
● Achieving substantive change: Successful entries are expected to change the thoughts, processes and other barriers that prevent people living in resource limited settings from receiving the best care possible within the resources (financial and other) available, demonstrating a clear benefit to the people and systems targeted.
Deadline: Concept deadline March 31, Full Application deadline April 30
Budget limit: Up to £100,000
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: As below
● Positive Action Challenges are open to any applicant (“Applicant”) who is (a) an individual, age 18 years or older; or (b) a group of individuals in which at least one individual is 18 years or older (individuals under 18 are eligible to participate in any Challenge unless prohibited by applicable law); or (c) one or more public or private entities, including, without limitation, universities, academic institutions, not-for-profit entities and private sector organizations.
● Unless otherwise restricted by the Challenge, the Applicant may be from any geographic area. The Applicant must comply with these Challenge Rules and all funding rules associated with any Challenge prizes. The Applicant may not be a healthcare provider who is qualified to prescribe medicinal products or directly or indirectly influence the use of such products.
● In the event the Applicant is a governmental entity or a governmental employee, ViiV Healthcare reserves the right to conduct an evaluation to ensure Applicant’s eligibitliy with these Challenge Rules and any applicable Challenge criteria.
● In addition, ViiV Healthcare reserves the right to evaluate the eligiblity of any government official or the eligibility of Applicants that reside in a jurisdiction that restricts or prohibits contests .
● The Applicant, including each individual member of an Applicant group, may not be an employee of ViiV Healthcare or any of its affiliates, a judge of the Challenge in question, or any other party involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Challenge or a member of the household of such an individual.
● The Applicant must not be or have a member who is currently on the Excluded Parties List maintained by the United States government.
● There is no maximum team size. Each Applicant must assign at least one named team leader. If Applicant teams include members under 18 years of age, those members are required to submit a Parent Consent Form signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Submission mail: Not Found
Other important link:
● Apply: https://positiveaction.force.com/pac
● How it works: https://www.positiveactionchallenges.com/how-it-works.html
● Challenge rules: https://www.positiveactionchallenges.com/challenge-rules.html
How to apply:
● Register: Click Apply Now to access the PAC Community portal where you can register or log in to start an application. Once registered you can connect with fellow solvers to share ideas, find collaborators and work on applications.
● Concept: Submit a Concept Note to provide a summary of your innovation. You can seek input/feedback from other community members or submit right away. Concepts are shortlisted to progress to the next stage by the PAC team based on the challenge criteria.
● Development: The best eligible Concept Notes are invited to submit a Full Application. This stage requires more detail about the development and implementation of your innovation. This is the final stage for applicants before the judging process begins.
Interested Applicants may apply online via given website (https://positiveaction.force.com/pac).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh