Donor Name: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Award name: UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education
Award brief: The UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education honors outstanding innovation and contributions made by individuals, institutions and organizations to advance girls’ and women’s education. It is the first UNESCO Prize of this nature and will be unique in showcasing successful projects that improve and promote the educational prospects of girls and women and in turn, the quality of their lives.
Supported by the Government of the People’s Republic of China, the Prize is conferred annually to two laureates and consists of an award of USD 50,000 each to further their work in the area of girls’ and women’s education.
Deadline: 5 May 2017 (midnight, Paris time)
Award details link: http://en.unesco.org/themes/women-s-and-girls-education/prize
Award limit: USD 50,000
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Governments of UNESCO Member States via their National Commissions and Permanent Delegations to UNESCO, and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in official partnership with UNESCO can each make up to 3 nominations.
● Individuals, institutions or organizations having effectively contributed to the advancement of girls’ and women’s education.
● Nominations must relate to an established project or programme.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● 2017 Brochure: http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0024/002475/247520E.pdf
● 2017 Nomination Process: https://en.unesco.org/themes/women-s-and-girls-education/prize/nomination
How to apply: Submit nomination online, in English or French ( http://unesco.org/gwe). Platform accessible to Member States and NGOs in official partnership with UNESCO. Accounts for nominees can be created at the request of Member States via e-mail below.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh