Donor Name: European Union (EU)
Fund name:Women and sustainable energy
Reference Number: EuropeAid/155118/DH/ACT/Multi
Funding brief: This call for proposals is based on the unexpressed potential of increasing access to sustainable energy (SE) by fostering women’s involvement, recognizing past and current efforts at redressing gender imbalances women are facing with regard to access to resources, including energy. It will contribute to the EU Gender Action Plan, SDG 5 (Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls) and SDG 7 (Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all) as well as SE4ALL objectives.
● To create jobs and/or entrepreneurship opportunities in developing countries for women;
● To increase capacities of women to operate in the sustainable energy sector;
● To raise awareness within communities, society and local/regional/national authorities on the potential and benefits of sustainable energy and women’s role in sustainable energy value chains.
● Providing affordable finance to facilitate opportunities for women as entrepreneurs/providers in the sustainable energy value chain, or to facilitate their access to modern and sustainable energy services for productive uses;
● Developing women’s technical and entrepreneurial skills in the energy sector and in energy business through adapted training, education, capacity development, exchange of good practices, etc.;
● Improving the general environment (institutional and societal) for women’s entrepreneurship through political advocacy and/or awareness campaigns;
● Running an adequate system of monitoring and results dissemination, replication of the action.
Deadline: 25/04/2017 at 16:00 (Brussels date and time)
Funding details link: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?ADSSChck=1489061661450&do=publi.detPUB&aoref=155118&orderbyad=Desc&orderby=upd&nbPubliList=15&searchtype=QS&page=1&userlanguage=en
● Minimum amount: EUR 4 000 000
● Maximum amount: EUR 8 000 000
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The initial planned duration of the action’s implementation may not be lower than 36 months nor exceed 60 months.
Eligible organization: As below
● This partnership must be constituted by at least 3 entities (one lead applicant and at least two co-applicants) and possibly affiliated entities
● The beneficiaries (lead applicant, co-applicants) and the affiliated entities (if any) should have in the last five years a solid demonstrated aggregated/cumulative experience of working in all the following areas:
● Renewable energy (including services or products); and
● Women’s e, in particular in the sustainable energy value chains; and
● Financial services for micro, small or medium businesses or financial services for the development of sustainable energy value chains; and
● Knowledge, skills development, vocational training, mentoring or similar activities; and
● Advocacy and awareness-raising for gender equality; and
● Implementation of projects or activities in the countries eligible for the action location, possibly through local network/branches.
● The geographical coverage of the action has to ensure appropriate impact in relation with the objectives of this call for proposals as set in the above. The action must take place in multiple countries which are recipients of Official Development Aid, in Sub-Saharan Africa (mandatorily) and possibly in other regions of the world (such as Northern Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Pacific, Central or South America).
Submission mail: Not Found
Other important link:
● Guidelines Women and Sustainable Energy.pdf: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect/internal/noauth/externalDocumentDownload.htm?id=317739&lang=en
● Time and date converter: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
● Project cycle management guidelines:https://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/aid-delivery-methods-project-cycle-management-guidelines-vol-1_en
● The implementation of grant contracts – a users’ guide: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/companion/document.do?nodeNumber=19
● Financial toolkit: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/sites/devco/files/financial-management-toolkit-for-recipients-15112010_en.pdf
How to apply: The concept note together with the declaration by the lead applicant must be submitted online via PROSPECT https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect following the instructions given in the PROSPECT user manual.
If it is impossible for lead applicants to submit their concept note online via PROSPECT for technical reasons, they must send their proposal in a sealed envelope and attach the concept note together with the declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.1 section 2). In particular, the lead applicant must send, in a sealed envelope as described below the following items:
● One original of the concept note. The signed declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.1 section 2) must be printed and stapled separately and enclosed in the envelope
● An electronic version of the items under point (a). The electronic file must contain exactly the same application as the paper version enclosed.
The envelope must bear the reference number and the title of the call for proposals, together with the full name and address of the lead applicant, and the words ‘Not to be opened before the opening session’ and «Ne pas ouvrir avant la séance d’ouverture».
To reduce expense and waste, we strongly recommend that you do not use plastic folders or dividers. Please also use double-sided printing if possible.
Concept notes must be submitted in a sealed envelope by registered mail, private courier service or by hand-delivery (a signed and dated certificate of receipt will be given to the deliverer) to the address below. Where lead applicants send several concept notes (if allowed to do so by the guidelines of the call), each one must be sent separately:
European Commission, Directorate General for International Cooperation and Development, Unit B6 Finance, Contracts & Audit, Attn. Head of Unit L-41 03/110, Avenue du Bourget, 1, 1049 Brussels, Belgium, Tel : +32 2 2997916
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh