Donor Name: The Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water (PSIPW)
Fund name: The Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water (PSIPW)
Funding brief: The Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water (PSIPW) is an international award focusing on water-related scientific innovation and judged by leading scientists from around the world. Five prizes are bestowed every two years.
The Creativity prize awarded to an innovator or pioneer for multi-disciplinary scientific work that can rightly be considered a breakthrough in any water-related field. The work might be a body of research, an invention, or a new patented technology.
PSIPW awards five prizes: a Creativity Prize and four Specialized Prizes.
a) Creativity Prize: TheCreativity Prizeis open to pioneering and innovative multi-disciplinary work in any water-related field. The work should provide an original solution which is useful to society and contribute to development and social upliftment, while being practical, environmentally friendly , and cost-effective.
b)Specialized Prizes: Each of the four Specialized Prizes is dedicated to the wide range of research topics that fall within its scope. Nominations are open to all innovative and current research that is relevant to one of the four prizes, which together cover the entire water research landscape.
Award Topics:Some of the many topics that are relevant to each prize are as follows:
Surface Water Prize:
● Water Harvesting
● Rain & Runoff Water Modeling
● Effects of Global Warming on Precipitation
● Flood Mitigation & Control
● Evaporation & Transpiration
● Sedimentation Control in Surface Water Systems
● And all other topics related to surface water
● Groundwater Recharge
● Groundwater Exploration & Assessment
● Groundwater Contamination
● Aquifer Characteristics
● Pumping Tests
● And all other topics related to groundwater
Alternative Water Resources Prize:
● Wastewater Treatment
● Water Reclamation, Purification & Recycling
● Innovative Water Production Methods
● Cloud Seeding
● Fog & Dew
● And all other topics related to alternative water Resources
Water Management & Protection Prize:
● Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)
● Water Conservation
● Water Demand Management
● Water Pollution Control
● Sustainability of Water Resources
● Irrigation Water Management & Conservation
● And all other topics related to the management and protection of water resources
PSIPW welcomes nominations for all of its prizes that employ GIS, remote sensing, and other current technologies to provide innovative solutions to water-related problems.
Deadline: 31 December 2017
Funding details link: http://www.psipw.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=378&Itemid=280
Budget limit: Worth US$ 266,000
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: Universities, university departments, research institutes, companies, and agencies can nominate individuals and teams of researchers for this Prize.
● All nominations for the 7th Award of the Prize are to be made online through an electronic application form that is available on the PSIPW website. All required documentation and submitted works will be uploaded by way of the same form. No mail-in applications will be accepted.
● In the event that a team of individuals are being nominated, all team members must be named at the time of application and one member must be specified as their representative. Groups of people working on the same project may not be nominated separately. They must be nominated as a group with a single nomination form.
● The nominee must be an individual or group of individuals. An organization is not eligible to be a nominee for the Prizes.
● Nominations for the Creativity Prize must be made by a university, institution, or government agency on behalf of individuals or teams of researchers. Individuals may not nominate themselves or others for the Creativity Prize. Nominations for the Specialized Prizes are by direct self-nomination.
● The work or works being considered for the nomination must have been completed no more than five (5) years prior to the nomination deadline for the current Prize.
● Published research papers, published books, and registered patents may be submitted for consideration. Unpublished works and unregistered patents are ineligible for the Prize.
● No more than five (5) distinct works may be submitted. Multiple works should not be collected together and submitted as a single work.
● Works will be reviewed and judged in English. If the work being nominated was originally published in a language other than English, it must be submitted in the original language accompanied by a full translation or by a translation of the parts of the work that are to be considered for the Prize. If a partial English translation is provided for a work submitted in another language, then only that portion of the work which is translated will be considered for assessment.
● A nominee can only be nominated for one of the five Prizes during the same award.
● The work being nominated must not have previously been a recipient of any other international prize. (However, it may have been the recipient of local or regional prizes.)
● Members of the Prize committees and their immediate relatives may not be nominated for the Prize.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
● 7th Award Brochure: http://www.psipw.org/images/psipw_7th_brochure.pdf
● Download Application Guide for Creativity Prize (PDF): http://www.psipw.org/Application_Guide_Creativity_Prize.pdf
● Download Application Guide for Specialized Prize (PDF): http://www.psipw.org/Application_Guide_Specialized_Prizes.pdf
How to apply: Applications may be made using online given website.
● Creativity Prize: http://www.psipw.org/index.php?task=creative_prize&option=com_nomi&Itemid=279
● Specialized Prize: http://www.psipw.org/index.php?task=specialized_prize&option=com_nomi&Itemid=279
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh