Donor Name: Open Technology Fund (OTF)
Fund name: Internet Freedom Fund
Funding brief: The Internet Freedom Fund is OTF’s primary way to support projects and people working on open and accessible technology-centric projects that promote human rights, internet freedom, open societies, and help advance inclusive and safe access to global communications networks.
The Internet Freedom Fund improves existing internet freedom tools, invests in next-generation tools that move beyond the traditional “cat-and-mouse” techniques, supports projects that emphasize applied research, or address technological and political developments affecting global internet freedom. In addition, a strong interest exists for efforts focused on improving the usability and adoptability of internet freedom technologies.
OTF considers a proposed effort ideal when it addresses:
● OTF’s primary focus of access, privacy, security and awareness;
● The proposal’s primary objectives are research, development, or implementation efforts;
● The proposal can demonstrate how the effort will positively affect those living in oppressive environments;
● The requested amount is reasonable and falls within the parameters set for each specific fund and/or fellowship.
In addition, we prioritizes supporting forward-thinking and innovative ideas that take into consideration the biggest obstacles facing the Internet freedom community such as user-interface, adaptation and community cultivation, new adversary strategies, etc.
Deadline: 01st, May, 2017, no later than 23:59 (11:59PM) GMT
Funding details link: https://www.opentech.fund/requests/internet-freedom-fund
Budget limit: Successful applicants are awarded monetary support up to $900,000 and no less than $10,000, with preference given to those projects and people who are new to the internet freedom community, helping those living within repressive environments, and are requesting less than $300,000 for a duration of less than 12 months.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: OTF awards are generally 6 to 18 months in duration. From time to time, OTF may consider requests to extend existing contracts beyond previously agreed upon durations.
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: Ideal applicants are making use of, support, or develop open and accessible technologies promoting human rights and open societies, and help advance inclusive and safe access to global communications networks. In addition, the following criteria must be met:
● Individuals of all ages irrespective of nationality, residency, creed, gender, or other factors, with the exception that OTF is not able to support applicants within countries that the United States has trade restrictions or export sanctions as determined by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC);
● Non-profit organization/non-government organization, including U.S.-based NGO, PIO, or foreign NGO;
● Non-profit university or research institution in any country;
● For-profit organization or business in any country;
Consortia of multiple people or organizations with one individual or organization designated as the lead applicant;
● Have demonstrated experience administering successful projects, preferably targeting the requested program area, or similarly challenging program environments where OTF reserves the right to request additional background information on organizations;
● Ideal applicants should not duplicate or simply add to efforts supported by other USG funding programs;
● Ideal applicants must not reflect any type of support for any member, affiliate, or representative of a designated terrorist organization, whether or not elected members of government.
● OTF prioritizes projects coming from individuals or organizations who are new to the internet freedom community and are requesting less than $300,000 for efforts with a duration less than 12 months. This allows us to empower a new pool of technology and development talent that may not have been otherwise supported.
Submission mail: Not Found
Other important link:
● Apply to the request: https://www.opentech.fund/apply/concept-● note?field_application_request=3625
● General Concept Note Submission Request: https://www.opentech.fund/about/applying
● Terms of Service: https://www.opentech.fund/tos
● Relevant docs:
How to apply: Interested Applicants may apply online via given website (https://www.opentech.fund/apply/concept-note?field_application_request=3625)
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh