Donor Name: World of Children, Inc|
Fund name: World of Children Awards
Funding brief: World of Children Award was created to recognize and elevate those selfless individuals who make a difference in the lives of children across the globe, regardless of political, religious or geographical boundaries. These courageous leaders recognize that our children are the world’s most important asset. Their stories are heroic.
World of Children Award honors these leaders and grants them funds to support the proven, sustainable, high-impact programs they have created for children. These Awards ensure that more children’s lives will be touched, improved and changed forever.
Awards are provided in 5 categories — the Education, Health, Humanitarian, Protection and Youth Awards.
Deadline: April 1, 2017 (at 11:59 pm EDT)
Funding details link: http://www.worldofchildren.org/nominate/
● World of children protection award: minimum grant of $50,000
● World of children education award: minimum grant of $50,000
● World of children health award: minimum grant of $50,000
● World of children humanitarian award: minimum grant of $50,000
● World of children youth award: minimum grant of $25,000
Project start date: N/A
Project duration: N/A
Eligible organization: As below
● Nominees must have an existing nonprofit, not-for-profit, ngo, or charity organization in good standing. The organization must be able to receive grant funds if awarded.
● Nominee must be the founder, co-founder, or visionary leader responsible for the organization’s success and growth. Volunteers and paid staff, including the organization’s executive director, are not qualified for an award.
● Nominee’s organization must be entirely focused on helping children, especially vulnerable children. Organizations serving a substantial number of adults, while wonderful in their own right, do not align with this mission and may be disqualified.
● Nominees must do this work over and above their normal employment. Alternatively, the nominee must work for little or no pay.
● World of children award excludes any work designed to specifically advance any one religion or political position. The board of governors of world of children award reserves the right to exclude nominations it deems to be religious or political in nature.
● The organization of individuals nominated for the education, health, humanitarian, or protection awards must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, ngo, or charity organization for a minimum of 10 years. Nominees with organizations having less than a 10-year history will be disqualified. (**see exception pertaining to the youth award below**)
● Individuals nominated for the education, health, humanitarian, or protection awards must have been doing this work with their organization for a minimum of 10 years. Nominees with less than 10 years of work will be disqualified. (**see exception pertaining to the youth award below**)
● Nominees must have full knowledge that they are being nominated. We strongly recommend that the person you are nominating and the related organization assist you in completing the nomination form.
● Nominees must be available to participate in the annual awards ceremonies held in new york city, usa, if he or she is selected as an honoree. Travel and accommodations will be arranged and paid for by world of children award.
● Nominees must be nominated for one award only. Individuals submitted for multiple categories will be disqualified.
● Only one individual from an organization can be nominated. If multiple individuals are nominated from the same organization, world of children award retains the right to select which nomination form/application to review, solely at its discretion
Specific requirements for youth award nominees:
● Youth nominees can be nominated for the youth award only, and must be under the age of 21 by the nomination submission deadline to be eligible.
● The organization of individuals nominated for the youth award must have been registered as a nonprofit, not-for-profit, ngo, or charity organization for a minimum of 3 years. Youth nominees with organizations having less than a 3-year history will be disqualified.
● Individuals nominated for the youth award must have been doing this work with their organization for a minimum of 3 years. Youth nominees with less than 3 years of work will be disqualified.
Submission mail: N/A
Other important link:
Apply online: http://nominations.worldofchildren.org/
Nomination Form Preparation Guide: http://www.worldofchildren.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/NominationFormPreparationGude_2017.pdf
Award Category: http://www.worldofchildren.org/theaward/awards-we-give/
Award Requirement: http://www.worldofchildren.org/nominate/award-requirements/
Nomination Form Preparation Gude : http://www.worldofchildren.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/NominationFormPreparationGude_2017.pdf
How To Submit Nomination: http://www.worldofchildren.org/files/guides/howToSubmitNomination_2016.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicants may fill the nomination forms online via given website (http://nominations.worldofchildren.org/ ).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh