Donor Name: The GSMA Foundation
Fund name: Mobile for Development Utilities Innovation Fund
Funding brief: The Mobile for Development Utilities (M4D) Utilities Innovation Fund aims to test and scale the use of mobile to improve or increase access to energy, water and sanitation services.
Objective: The objective of the Innovation Fund is to extract insights from the trial and scaling of these innovative models to inform three key questions for growing the sector:
● How can mobile support utility services?
● For a mobile-enabled solution to be adopted at scale, what building blocks are needed
● What are the social and commercial impacts of delivering community services to underserved mobile subscribers?
Deadline: 16th, April 2017, 23:59 GMT
Funding details link: http://www.gsma.com/mobilefordevelopment/programmes/m4dutilities/innovation-fund-2
● Seed Grant: The amount can be between GBP 100,000 and GBP 150,000.
● Market Validation Grant: Up to GBP 300,000 in funding, with a minimum match equal to the grant amount.
Applicants must provide a minimum match equal to the grant. For instance, if an organization requests GBP 200,000 from the Fund, a contribution of at least GBP 200,000 from other sources is required.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: The total duration of the project is 12 – 18 months. The GSMA expects the implementation period to be 12 months at most, in order to assess the impact of and gain insights from the project in the remaining 6 months.
Eligible organization: The Innovation Fund is open to:
● Mobile operators
● Technology solutions providers
● Energy, water, or sanitation services providers, including:
● Decentralized service providers
● Urban and peri-urban utilities, and
● NGOs trialling business model approaches
Eligibility: To be eligible for funding, organizations must meet the following criteria:
● Be one of the following:
● Energy, water, or sanitation service provider (i.e. enterprise), including
● Decentralized service providers
● Urban or peri-urban utilities, and
● NGOs trialling business model approaches,
● Mobile operator or infrastructure provider/owner
● Technology solutions provider
Preferably, grants that involve urban or peri-urban utilities should be led by mobile operators or technology solution providers.
● Be an entity registered and operating in the country of project implementation (whether domestic or foreign owned or a joint venture) in compliance with relevant business licensing, taxation, employee and other relevant regulations.
● The lead organization must be able to accept foreign grants and deploy them in the country of implementation.
● The lead organization must be in satisfactory financial health and be able to show two years of audited financial accounts; have adequate financial systems to report regularly to the Fund and, if required, undergo an external audit.
● Have adequate internal human resource capability to implement the proposed project within the proposed timeframe.
● Have the potential and appetite to form strategic partnerships with mobile operators.
● Not violate fundamental human rights or international labour standards.
Submission mail: Not Found
Other important link:
● Seed Grant: http://dev.gsma.com/mobilefordevelopment/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/GSMA_TS2017_Seed_v2_WEB.pdf
● Market Validation Grant: http://dev.gsma.com/mobilefordevelopment/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/GSMA_TS2017_Market-Validation_v2_WEB.pdf
● Concept note template – Seed grant: http://www.gsma.com/mobilefordevelopment/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/GSMA-M4DU-P3-R1_SD-Concept-Note_Seed_GSMA-template.pdf
● Concept note template – Market Validation grant: http://www.gsma.com/mobilefordevelopment/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/GSMA-M4DU-P3-R1_SD-Concept-Note_Market-Validation_GSMA-template.pdf
How to apply: Interested applicants may apply online via given website.
Seed Grant: https://gsma-m4d.forms.fm/gsma-m4d-utilities-innovation-fund-seed-grant-concept-note
Market Validation Grant: https://gsma-m4d.forms.fm/gsma-m4d-utilities-innovation-fund-market-validation-grant-concept-note
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh