Donor Name: The Mind & Life Institute
Fund name: PEACE Grants
Funding brief: The Mind & Life Institute is a non-profit organization committed to building a scientific understanding of the mind and human behavior as a way to reduce suffering and promote flourishing. In particular, we promote the integration of rigorous scientific inquiry with contemplative practices and wisdom traditions by supporting the emerging field of contemplative sciences. As part of this mission, they are offering a new awards program to fund research on novel interdisciplinary approaches for investigating and nurturing wholesome mental qualities related to Prosociality, Empathy, Altruism, Compassion, and Ethics (PEACE).
The following elements will be required for the letter of intent application:
Project description including:
● Explanation of the overall aims of the research project (500 words maximum)
● Brief description of the methodological approach (e.g., population, procedures, analysis; 700 words maximum)
● Significance and potential impact of the work (300 words maximum)
● Funding level you will be seeking ($25,000 or $100,000). Grant funds may be used to cover any research-related costs; salary and/or time buy-out is permissible.
● Abbreviated CVs or NIH-style biosketches of key personnel (3 pages maximum per biosketch)
Deadline: Letters of intent must be submitted through the online application portal on or before April, 14th, 2017. Full proposals will be due August, 30th, 2017
Funding details link: https://www.mindandlife.org/peace-grants/rfl-peace-grants/
Budget limit: Two levels of funding are available through this program: up to $25,000 and up to $100,000 (USD)
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Proposed research should be completed within a 2-year period
Eligible organization: As below
Eligibility: To be eligible, the applicant (Principal Investigator) must have completed a terminal research/doctoral degree and sufficient training, experience and institutional resources to accomplish the proposed work.
Submission mail: Not Found
Other important link:
● Download the Request for Letters as a printable PDF: https://www.mindandlife.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/PEACE-RFL_2017_FINAL.pdf
● Apply Online: https://mli.fluidreview.com/
How to apply: Letters of intent may be submitted through the online website via given website (https://mli.fluidreview.com/).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh