Donor Name: Tata Group and Australia’s Aid Program
Fund name: The Water Abundance XPRIZE
Funding brief: The Water Abundance XPRIZE challenges Teams from around the world to revolutionize access to water by creating a device that extracts a minimum of 2,000 liters of water per day from the atmosphere at a combined operating and capital cost of no more than 2 cents per liter.
The Water Abundance XPRIZE powered by the Tata Group and Australia’s Aid Program is a $1.75 million competition (with $1.5 million as Grand Prize and $250,000 in Milestone Prizes). The Grand Prize will be awarded to the team that can successfully create a device that:
● extracts a minimum of 2,000 liters of water per day from the atmosphere;
● has a combined operating and capital cost of no more than 2 cents per liter;
● uses 100% renewable energy;
Competition structure: After the registration period, The Water Abundance XPRIZE will have two rounds of testing and judging:
Round 1: All registered Teams will create a solution prototype that can extract water from the atmosphere using any source of energy and without any requirement for minimum water output or cost per liter
Round 2: Up to five Teams from Round 1 will be shortlisted for next and final round of testing wherein the teams must achieve the final objective as described in Competition Overview above.
Deadline: 28th of April
Funding details link: http://water.xprize.org
Budget limit: The award consists of a $1.75 million cash prize with $1.5 million as Grand Prize and $250,000 in Milestone Prizes.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: All registered Teams will have approximately eight months to create a solution prototype that can extract water from atmosphere.
The Water Abundance XPRIZE is a 2-year Competition launched on 24th October, 2016. There will be two sequential rounds of the Competition.
Round 1: Prototype Testing.
Round 2: Final Testing, using 100% renewable energy;
After Round 1 up to five qualifying Teams, as determined by the Judging Panel, will be eligible to compete in Round 2.
Eligible organization: As below
● XPRIZE believes that solutions can come from anyone, anywhere. Scientists, engineers, academics, entrepreneurs and innovators with new ideas from all over the world are invited to form a team and register to compete. To participate, a team may need to recruit additional experts and can add new members at any time throughout the competition. Competing teams will own the Intellectual Property of their submissions.
The official language of the Competition is English. All communications with the XPRIZE Foundation must be in English unless a Team has received prior written permission from the XPRIZE Foundation.
● All references to currency are expressed in United States Dollars(USD).
● REGISTRATION: To compete in the Water Abundance XPRIZE, the participant must have a registered Team. To complete your registration, you must:
● Create a Team Profile at https://waterportal.xprize.org,
● Complete the registration process, and
● Pay the non-refundable $250 registration fee.
Submission mail: Not Found
Other important link:
Competition Guidelines: http://water.xprize.org/sites/default/files/water_abundance_xprize_guidelines_v3_2017-02-28.pdf
How to apply: All registered Teams will have approximately eight months to create a solution prototype that can extract water from atmosphere. All the registered teams will also need to submit a design document during the start of this phase of technology development. Up to five qualifying teams will be chosen by the Judges for next round of testing and all these teams selected for the next round will be awarded milestone prizes. These shortlisted teams will be given five months to build the full solution per the Competition Overview to participate in the next and final round of testing. One Grand Prize Winner will be announced in August, 2018.
Applicants may register to apply online via given website (https://waterportal.xprize.org/en/login?utm_source=xprize&utm_medium=home_overview&utm_campaign=launch_xprize).
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh