Donor Name: The U. S. Department of State’s National Institute of Health (NIH)
Fund name: The U. S. Department of State’s National Institute of Health (NIH) Fund
Funding Opportunity Number: PAR-17-097
Funding brief: This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for research training program planning invites submissions from low- and middle-income country (LMIC) institution(s) with existing research and research training capacity in chronic, non-communicable diseases and disorders (NCDs). These institutions must propose to assess needs and develop a plan for a research training program within the LMIC(s) that will further strengthen the capacity of LMIC individuals, institution(s) and country(ies) to identify NCD priorities and conduct NCD research across the lifespan. The application from the LMIC institution(s) may include collaboration with United States (U.S) institutions and other LMIC institutions as justified and appropriate.
Objectives: The objectives of the “Planning for Non-Communicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training program in Low and Middle Income Countries” (Global NCD D71) are:
● To assess the existing research and research training capacity at the applicant LMIC institution in the proposed scientific area(s) that are directly relevant to the LMIC health priorities in order to show feasibility to develop a new or continued research training program directed from and at the LMIC institution;
● To develop a detailed vision and strategies for implementing an innovative research training program at and led by the LMIC institution for multiple scientists and health research professionals;
● To plan to strengthen both the trainees’ capacity to conduct, and the applicant LMIC institution’s capacity to support and promote, independent, sustainable research;
● To identify the research training, faculty development, scientific environment and administrative resources still needed to undertake such a research training program by the LMIC institution after building on prior initiatives such as collaborations under an FIC D43.
● To define a pool of the best-qualified potential LMIC trainees that could be recruited and the selection process for future research training;
● To develop defined collaborations and roles of all individual and institutional partners for an effective organizational structure that will support the envisioned D43 research training program;
● To lay the foundation for sustainable, competitive NCD D43 research training program in and led by the LMIC(s).
Deadline: March, 14th, 2019
Funding details link: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=290881
Budget limit: $46,000
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
● Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions)
● The sponsoring institution must assure support for the proposed program. Appropriate institutional commitment to the program includes the provision of adequate staff, facilities, and educational resources that can contribute to the planned program.
● Only institutions in low and middle income countries (LMICs) are eligible to apply. LMICs are defined by the World Bank classification system.
● Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
● Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
Submission mail: Not Found
Other important link:
● Additional Information: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/PAR-17-097.html
● Application guideline: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/how-to-apply-application-guide.html
How to apply: Applications may submit online through given website.