Donor Name: The International Union for Conservation of Nature Netherlands (IUCN NL)
Fund name: Small grants for the purchase of nature
Funding brief: The IUCN NL programme Small grants for the Purchase of Nature (SPN) provides funds for local NGOs to acquire (through purchase of lease) threatened nature, create safe reserves and connect wildlife habitats for endangered species. Since its foundation in 2001, SPN has enabled the purchase of over 35.000 hectates. SPN is supported by the National Postcode Lottery.
Objective: The general objective of a proposed project must contribute to the main objective of SPN, which is to enable strong local conservation NGOs to secure, connect and efficiently protect habitat of Red List species
Project area:High priority will be given to:
● Land acquisition (through purchase or lease) to secure areas hosting species listed CR or EN on the IUCN Red List [www.iucnredlist.org].
● NGOs working on the securing, restoring and connecting habitat of primates on the list of the 25 most endangered primates (https://www.iucn.org/content/world-25-most-endangered-primates-revealed) are specifically invited to submit proposals;
● Acquisition of areas with a high biodiversity value, like AZE sites or IBAs;
● Land acquisition (through purchase or lease) of areas that are important for securing the connectivity in a landscape (corridors);
● Projects in which the acquisition of land is part of a broader approach to secure and restore connectivity in a fragmented landscape and / or to secure ecosystem services;
● Land acquisition (through purchase or lease) involving ecosystems underrepresented in the public protected areas system;
Deadline: The deadline for submitting the pre-proposal is May 1st 2017.
Funding details link: https://www.iucn.nl/en/solutions/land-acquisition
Budget limit: The maximum financial assistance provided by SPN is € 85,000 Eur.
Project start date: Not Found
Project duration: Not Found
Eligible organization: Proposals can be submitted by local NGOs with:
● A proven capacity to implement land acquisition (land acquisition means securing land (getting ownership-or management rights) through purchase or lease) projects
● Experience and capacity concerning the effective management of a conservation area
● Experience and capacity in the field of project management, financial management and control
SPN cannot grant financial assistance to:
● Governmental institutions
● Commercial (for profit) organization
● Only projects located in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Pacific are eligible for this programme.
● The project should seek to harmonize with the needs, views, expertise and experience of local stakeholders.
● The project should take into account local participation in conservation and management of the area to be acquired.
Submission mail: Submissions should be sent to email@example.com
Other important link:
● Project proposal briefing: https://www.iucn.nl/files/publicaties/overig/project_proposal_briefing_2017.pdf
● Saving species by connecting habitats: https://www.iucn.nl/files/publicaties/saving_species_by_connecting_habitats.pdf
● Land Purchase for Conservation: Proceedings of Symposia: https://www.iucn.nl/files/publicaties/publication_seminars.pdf
How to apply: All NGOs must submit a pre-proposal first. A format for pre-proposals can be found below in the blue box of the document (https://www.iucn.nl/files/publicaties/overig/project_proposal_briefing_2017.pdf). Only pre-proposals prepared according to this format will be considered.
Important: The availability of good maps is a very important selection criterion. Pre-proposals lacking good maps will be rejected immediately!!
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh