Donor Name: The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland (MFA)
Fund name: Support for International Non-governmental Organizations (INGOs)
The objectives of Finland’s INGO cooperation are:
• to support the achievement of the goals of Finland’s development policy
• to strengthen civil societies and democracies in developing countries
Funding brief: Grant proposals submitted should meet one or more of the following focus areas:
1. Promotion of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights globally, regionally and locally, especially among women and girls in vulnerable situations. Particular focus will be given to sexual rights issues and non-discrimination, such as promotion and provision of services including access to contraceptives, youth friendly services and safe abortion.
• Grant allocated by Unit for Civil Society. Financing will be available for 0-2 proposals with contract duration of 2 years. The total amount to be allocated for the theme will be approximately 5 million Euros.
2. Fostering an enabling environment for civil society, especially by enhancing civil society’s opportunities for influencing policymaking.
• Grant allocated by Unit for Civil Society. Financing will be available for 0-2 proposals with contract duration of 1-2 years. The total amount to be allocated for the theme will be approximately 0,4 million Euros.
3. Strengthening the democracy of societies by improving transparency and advancing accountability in development processes as well as increasing awareness of the effect of corruption on development and human rights.
•Grant allocated by Unit for Civil Society. Financing will be available for 0-1 proposals with contract duration of 2 years. The total amount to be allocated for the theme will be approximately 0,8 million Euros.
4. Reducing maternal and child mortality in Afghanistan by promotion of sexual and reproductive health. Particular focus is in increasing availability, quality and demand of sexual, reproductive, maternal and child health services and raising awareness on sexual and reproductive health.
•Grant allocated by Unit for South Asia. Financing will be available for 0-1 proposals with contract duration of 3 years (2018-2020). The total amount to be allocated for the theme will be 4 million Euros.
Deadline: The completed, signed application form, the project/programme proposal and attachments must be received by the Ministry no later than 16.15. HRS (UTC/GMT +2) on Thursday 16 of March 2017. The Ministry expects to receive the hard copies no later than Thursday the 23 of March 2017.
Funding details link: http://formin.finland.fi/public/default.aspx?contentid=358207&contentlan=2&culture=en-US
Focus Area-1. 5 million Euros.
Focus Area-2. 0,4 million Euros.
Focus Area-3. 0,8 million Euros.
Focus Area-4. 4 million Euros.
Project start date: Not Found
Focus Area-1: 2 years
Focus Area-2: 1-2 years
Focus Area-3: 2 years
Focus Area-4: 3 years (2018-2020)
Eligible organization: International NGO (INGO)
Eligibility: The INGO has to have:
• at least three different nationalities represented in its governing structures;
• operations in more than two countries;
• been registered and/or legally competent for at least two years;
• funding from at least one other source.
Grants to INGOs may be either core funding or project support channeled to activities in developing countries.
• Core funding can be granted only to INGOs that meet the eligibility criteria for ODA, set by OECD/DAC (chapter 1). http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/annex2.htm
• In case an organization does not satisfy the ODA eligibility criteria, project support may be earmarked to activities at a project level that are ODA eligible.
Submission mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and kirjaamo.UM@formin.fi
Other important link:
Core funding can be granted only to INGOs that meet the eligibility criteria for ODA, set by OECD/DAC (chapter 1): http://www.oecd.org/dac/stats/annex2.htm
Results based management: http://formin.finland.fi/doc/RBM_yleisohje/files/assets/basic-html/page-1.html#
How to apply: The attached application form, the project/programme plan and other attachments must be sent to the Ministry both by e-mail and as hard copy. The electronic application and attachments shall be sent to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com and kirjaamo.UM@formin.fi. The application has to be received by this mailbox, no other electronic delivery options will be considered. The maximum size of the e-mail message is 7 MB.
The hard copies of the signed application form and attachments are to be sent to the address below. Please mark the envelope with “INGO Call for Proposals 2017”.
Address: Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Department for Development Policy/Registry, P.O. Box 176, FI-00023 Government, Finland
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh