Donor Name: Delegation of the European Union to Bangladesh
a. European Initiative for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) – Country Based Support Scheme (CBSS) 2016-2017 (Lot 1)
b. Civil Society Organizations and Local Authorities Thematic Programme 2016 (Lot 2)
Reference Number: EuropeAid/154326/DD/ACT/BD
Lot 1: European instrument for democracy and human rights (eidhr) – country based support scheme (CBSS)
The global objective of Lot 1 is to support civil society, democracy activists and human rights defenders to work on human rights protection and promotion (political, civil, economic, social and cultural) and democratization in Bangladesh.
The specific objectives are to support, in Bangladesh, the promotion and protection of:
i. Gender equality, women’s rights and prevent gender-based violence;
ii. The rights of the minorities (ethnic, religious, and discriminated based on work and descent).
Lot 2: Civil society and local authorities thematic programme – “civil society organizations contribution to governance and development process”
The global objective of Lot 2 is to support CSOs’ contribution to democratic governance in Bangladesh. The specific objective is to support CSOs in Bangladesh to contribute to the implementation of economic and social rights of local communities.
Deadline: 09/04/2017 at 15:00 (Brussels date and time)
Funding details link: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?ADSSChck=1488193480560&do=publi.detPUB&searchtype=QS&orderbyad=Desc&aoref=154326&nbPubliList=15&page=1&orderby=upd&userlanguage=en
Budget limit: € 9,317,600 (EUR)
For LOT 1 – EIDHR CBSS
● Minimum amount: EUR 300,000.00
● Maximum amount: EUR 900,000.00
For LOT 2 – CSOs’ contributions to governance and development
● Minimum amount: EUR 900,000.00
● Maximum amount: EUR 1,500,000.00
Project start date: Not found
Project duration: The initial planned duration of an action may neither be lower than 24 months nor exceed 42 months.
There are three sets of eligibility criteria, relating to:
(1) the actors:
● The lead applicant, i.e. the entity submitting the application form,
● if any, its co-applicant(s) (where it is not specified otherwise the lead applicant and its co-applicant(s) are hereinafter jointly referred as “applicant(s)”),
● and, if any, affiliated entity(ies) to the lead applicant and/or to a co-applicant(s);
(2) the actions:
● Actions for which a grant may be awarded;
(3) The costs: types of cost that may be taken into account in setting the amount of the grant.
Types of activities:
Lot 1 – EIDHR CBSS:
● Support to human rights defenders and organisations, strengthen their networking to facilitate coordination and lobbying;
● Promotion and strengthening of policy dialogue on human rights;
● Promotion of fundamental freedoms (e.g. freedom of expression and freedom of religion or belief, etc.);
● Support to actions against torture, ill-treatment, enforced disappearances and extra-judicial executions;
● Support of the fight against impunity;
● Advocacy and lobbying to promote gender equality, (human rights of women, girls, LGBTIs); prevention of gender-based violence and discrimination, protection from any form of violence and harmful practices;
● Reinforcement and coordination of advocacy, sensitization, dialogue with national, regional and local authorities for the promotion and protection of the rights of minorities (ethnic, religious, and those discriminated based on work and descent) and groups particularly vulnerable to discrimination, such as the poor, women, children, migrants.
Lot 2 – CSOs contributions to governance and development:
● Support to the formulation of and improved access to social and economic policies by local communities;
● Stimulation of policy innovation and improved responsiveness of socio-economic policies to the needs of local communities;
● Contribution to improved capacities of CSOs to participate in and contribute to dialogue and policy formulation;
● Promotion of a conducive and enabling environment for CSOs.
● Support to advocacy networks of CSOs and other relevant actors.
Submission mail: None
IT helpdesk mail: EuropeAid-ITfirstname.lastname@example.org
Other important link:
How to apply: The concept note together with the declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.1 section 2) must be submitted online via PROSPECT https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prospect following the instructions given in the PROSPECT user manual.
If it is impossible for lead applicants to submit their concept note online via PROSPECT for technical reasons, they must send their proposal in a sealed envelope and attach the concept note together with the declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.1 section 2). In particular, the lead applicant must send, in a sealed envelope as described below the following items:
a. One original of the concept note. The signed declaration by the lead applicant (Annex A.1 section 2) must be printed and stapled separately and enclosed in the envelope
b. 3 additional copies in A4 size, each bound.
c. An electronic version (e.g., CD-Rom or USB stick) of the items under point (a). The electronic file must contain exactly the same application as the paper version enclosed.
The envelope must bear the reference number and the title of the call for proposals, together with the lot number and title the full name and address of the lead applicant, and the words ‘Not to be opened before the opening session’ and .
To reduce expense and waste, we strongly recommend that you do not use plastic folders or dividers. Please also use double-sided printing if possible.
Concept notes must be submitted in a sealed envelope by registered mail, private courier service or by hand-delivery (a signed and dated certificate of receipt will be given to the deliverer) to the address below.
Postal address: Plot 7, Road 84, Gulshan 2, DHAKA – 1212, P.O. Box n° GN 6086 – Gulshan, DHAKA 1212, Dhaka
Address for hand delivery or by private courier service: Plot 7, Road 84, Gulshan 2, DHAKA – 1212, P.O. Box n° GN 6086 – Gulshan, DHAKA 1212, Dhaka.
Visit all Funding opportunities: https://fundforbangladesh.wordpress.com/site-map/
Facebook page-Fund for Bangladesh